Monday, April 2, 2018

Beads (haiku)

Multicoloured beads
of every shape and size

A necklace is born


The Basket

An old lady stood with a basket of flowers
I had no doubt she had been there for hours
Her clothes were worn and her shoes had holes
Her face was wrinkled, scattered with moles

As I hurried past, I was busy you know,
I heard a voice come soft and low
Why such hurry, come smell my roses
No others like it make happy noses

I couldn't stop too much to do
Bills to pay and shopping too
I didn't stop, I didn't smell
happy noses?  what the hell?

But all day long I thought of the flowers
That I didn't smell and it seemed like hours
before I could pass her way again
I'd stop and I would smell them then

But she was gone and what was left
was a ragged basket now bereft
wilted leaves and faded scent

the chance for joy had come and went.

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...