Thursday, April 19, 2018

Marshmallow and Monarch

Marshmallows

I love camping, there is no doubt
A tent, canoe, and food to cook out
But my favourite thing and my answer is quick
Is a sticky marshmallow on a pointed stick

I like to wait till the embers die down
Find an oven- like space to toast it just brown
My friend likes a torch of flaming goo
I find it too messy...but it's tasty too

But if you're an adult and you want something more
Then just try your hand at creating a  "Smore
Marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker stack
Melted just right a most heavenly snack.


The Monarch

Maybe it's his regal name that gives the Monarch so much fame
Maybe it's the shiny cocoon, like a jewel, from which he came
Or maybe it's his gorgeous colour so quick to spot among the flowers
Or flitting in the summer sky that gives the butterfly its powers

His striped caterpillar body is really vibrant this is true
But the orange winged butterfly is best known to me and you
Of all the butterflies in all the colours our attention is forever drawn
to the black etched monarch fellow flitting quickly on our lawn


No comments:

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...