Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday January 16, 2015

I have been wanting to write a blog for a long time.  Back when blogging was fairly new and not everyone and their brother had one.  But I kept putting it off, or starting one and never publishing it, or talking about it endlessly and never doing anything about it.

 A few minor things held me back.  First of all, I was convinced no one would be interested in what I had to say about anything.  Second, I thought my blog should have a focus and I have so many thoughts in my head how could I possibly streamline to just one.  Third, would I be able to sustain a blog and keep the interest of anyone crazy enough to want to read it?

Finally I decided the time had come to blog or get off the pot.  I have recently resurrected my writing aspirations and am working on a short story and a novel.  Everyone knows that you can't be a good writer without constant procrastination.  So, what better way to procrastinate writing what matters and yet still write.  When people ask if I wrote today I can answer yes.  They don't need to know I wrote a blog.

So, welcome to Ponderings.  Ponderings is a play on my name, also what I call all the minutiae that floats or races through my brain on a daily, and often nightly basis.  Sometimes I will write a rant.  Sometimes I will write a thoughtful piece.  Sometimes it will be humourous, sometimes sad.  Hopefully it will be interesting and it will always be honest and from the heart..

Right now I am sitting in a coffee shop with my laptop and my writer friend.  Yes, I have become one of "those" people who sit in cafe's looking all special with their laptops and their lattes.   However, I am not a latte drinker, or even a coffee drinker for that matter.  I refuse to go to Starbucks, preferring instead local coffee shops with colourful characters who may or may not appear in my novel.

I want to write and I want to write well and get published.  I don't want to be famous, I don't want to do book tours or promotions.   I want to make enough money to keep me clothed and fed in my dotage.  I am writing a lesbian romance/thriller at this time and I know Harlequin has a new genre that it would fit in to perfectly.  Good lesbian fiction is hard to find.  I want to change that.

BUT first things first, I must write.  Not just blogs and emails, but real writing.  So I am going to do that right now.   After I check Facebook and take my turn in all my games.

2 comments:

Kristin Glasbergen said...

writing well - that is my goal too.

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Welcome to BLoG wORLd. Now its time to post again!

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...