Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Caterpillar and Cloudscapes

Caterpillar

The caterpillar is a busy thing
munching leaves all through the spring
gathering strength for the big change
Having wings will feel so strange

Does he know what lies ahead?
That the cocoon that is his bed
Will change him in a special way
To the butterfly he'll be one day.


Cloudscapes

I look out the window of the plane and see
cloudscapes
A fluffy white wonderland surrounding us
I want to climb out the window and wander through
exploring behind the pillars of white and gray
walking on the carpet so soft and white
Actually I would rather be anywhere than on this
damned

plane

1 comment:

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Having wings will feel so strange! What a surprising and delightful perspective!

(please don't step out the window BTW. You're not getting wings any time soon)

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...