Friday, May 22, 2020

Story A Day #20 The Boardwalk


The Prompt:  Write a story in 26 sentences, with each sentence beginning with a sequential letter of the alphabet, starting with “A.”

After a delicious dinner at a seafood restaurant, Barb and Cheryl decided to take a stroll on the boardwalk. Barb was in a contemplative mood and didn’t feel much like talking. Cheryl, however, wouldn’t stop talking.

Did you see that couple’s matching outfits?” she laughed

Ewwww I think I just walked through a spider web” said Cheryl, brushing furiously at her face and hair.

Funny how you feel that way even when there is clearly no spider eh?” she said

God, I am so full, I shouldn’t have had that cheesecake,” she groaned clutching her stomach

Hey, you’re awfully quiet, what’s wrong?”, Cheryl asked, finally taking a breath.

It always amazed Barb how unaware Cheryl was of her ability to be annoying.

Just enjoying the evening that’s all.” She replied, pointedly

Kiss me!” Said Cheryl, a mischievous light in her bright green eyes.

Look at all the people around us, I can’t kiss you here,” Barb looked at Cheryl in surprise

Maybe you just don’t want to,” Cheryl pouted

No it’s not that at all. Only straight couples are around here,” Barb pleaded

Piss on them,” said Cheryl, loudly

Quit it, Cheryl, I'm not kissing you here!”

Running ahead of Barb, Cheryl turned back and shot her a dirty look.

Stop Cheryl, wait for me” she yelled

Trying to catch up to her partner, Barb tripped and fell off the boardwalk and landed awkwardly on her ankle. Upset and in pain she started to cry.

Very nice end to this evening, Cheryl”, she howled.

Well if you had just kissed me this wouldn’t have happened,” said Cheryl helping her girlfriend to her feet.

Xrays showed nothing was broken, Barb’s broken ankle was wrapped and the two women headed back to their hotel room.

You know I love you Cheryl, I just don’t like PDA’s that’s all, ”, said Barb as they lay on the bed together, with Barbs foot propped on the pillow.

Zebra’s can’t change their stripes I guess, said Cheryl and kissed Barb good night.

No comments:

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...