Monday, April 12, 2021

I is for Ice Cream

 What JUNK food item could you eat every day?


I love ICE CREAM!   I could eat it every meal every day for the rest of my life and be quite happy.  I am a frequent visitor of Dairy Queen although not as frequent as I would like because my partner actually has some self-control and restraint which she is trying to encourage me to have.   But she knows I can be bribed with ice cream... My favourite Dairy Queen treats are caramel sundaes, SKOR Blizzards, and just a plain ice cream cone.   Just writing this makes me want to get in the car and head over to the DQ right now.   I love the smoothness of the soft-serve ice cream.  I love the combination of ice cream and cone together in my mouth.   I love the bits of SKOR in the Blizzard, and the generous amounts of caramel in the sundae.   

My passion for ice cream isn't only limited to DQ though.  I love to go down to Van Wagner's beach and get an ice cream cone from Hutch's and find a place to sit and watch people go by as I enjoy the delicious cool sweetness of a Black Cherry ice cream cone.   I was heartbroken when they switched their supplier from Stoney Creek Dairy to Nestle.  I try to boycott Nestle as much as possible.  I stayed away for a while but my passion for ice cream overrode my resolve.  

It's not just a summer thing either.  I know most people think of ice cream as a summer treat.  Not me.  I am a year-round fan.   Even when the weather is really cold I can still enjoy a treat.  




No comments:

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...