Thursday, April 8, 2021

F is for Film

What FILM could you watch over and over?


Hands down, A League Of Their Own, about a woman's major league baseball team that was formed during World War II.  I love this movie for so many reasons.   The characters are interesting and well cast. I loved Madonna and Rosie O'Donnell together, the chemistry between them was dynamic.   Tom Hanks as always, was brilliant as the drunken coach who did not want to be there.   I love baseball and there was a lot of really good baseball in this movie.  The movie was relatable and took you back to a time when things were simpler, though not so easy for women.   I have seen this movie many, many, times and I still cry from the scene where one of the players learns her husband died in the war, right through to when Dottie's husband comes to pick her up at the boarding house.  I know what's coming and it gets to me every time. I highly recommend this movie to anyone whether you are a baseball fan or not.






1 comment:

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Hah! We both said baseball movies.

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...