Tuesday, April 13, 2021

K is for Kid

 What do you miss most about being a KID?


The thing I miss most about being a kid is being healthy.   I miss the days when my body could play all day and not cripple me with pain.   I miss not having to deal with debilitating fatigue and brain fog.  I miss being able to eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight or having a digestive meltdown.  I miss that freedom of not having to plan my days around my energy level.   I long for the joy of riding my bike all over town and still being able to walk when I get off. I miss being able to go to be really early and knowing I will sleep all night.   I miss being able to make plans for an outing without worrying about where the bathrooms are.  I miss bathing once a week without worrying about offending others.  I miss being really skinny and wish I had appreciated it more back then.  I miss the life that was so much simpler back then, before internet, before computers, before social media.  I miss penny candy.   I miss my Nan.  I miss not having adult worries like rent, food, utilities, etc.   

I guess it seems that I miss a lot.  But there is so much I don't miss.

I don't miss being afraid of my father's rage.

I don't miss feeling unloved and neglected.

I don't miss taking care of the house and my younger brother while my mother worked.  I was 10.

I don't miss lying in bed at night and have my rotting teeth breaking apart while I lay terrified I was going to die of tooth decay.

I don't miss being afraid of the dark.

I don't miss my brother.

I don't miss my father.

Anyway, I guess I really didn't answer the question properly but there are no rules really and no one is reading this, so who gives a shit.








No comments:

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...