Saturday, April 3, 2021

C is for Cool

 C What did you think was COOL when you were young, and now: not so much.






When I was young I used to think it was cool to get drunk at every social event.   Because I was quite thin, this didn't require a lot of alcohol.  I was a "sniff the cork" drunk that was always the first one to get rowdy at parties.   Rowdy involved lots of ribald humour and seductive behaviour.  I was shameless and bold.   I usually ended up throwing up by the end of the night.   I also thought it was cool to talk about how drunk I had been when talking about the party the next day.   I thought I was hilarious and the life of the party.  And when I was young, I probably was, we were all the same, living to get drunk or high.   But as I got older funny and outrageous became pathetic and embarrassing. I realized people were laughing at me, not with me.  I learned that alcohol was not my friend.  It didn't make me more likeable, or funny.  I lost friends and I destroyed relationships.   So I stopped drinking altogether.   It wasn't cool anymore.






No comments:

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...