Monday, April 5, 2021

D is for Dog

 D Your favourite breed of DOG?



I'm really a cat person, but there are three types of dogs that I just love.  Miniature schnauzers.  They are cute as hell, smarter than most humans I know, and just delightful to have around.   Their biggest flaw, they are barkers...yappers really.   And don't ever give them a squeaky toy, you will never ever hear the end of that squeaking.  I had a miniature schnauzer for a few years.  His name was Spencer and even though he belonged to my partner, he immediately bonded with me and I became his "person".  Spencer followed me everywhere even into the bathroom.  We had a little routine.  Spencer's fur was very prone to matting and I took it as my job to keep the little mat balls under control.  When Spencer followed me into the bathroom I would take out the scissors and start snipping.   He didn't seem to mind at all, even when I would flip him upside down and get close to his "package" with the scissors.  Our favourite game was "hide the squeaky corn cob stuffy."  He played with this incessantly and drove me crazy. So when I had had enough I would hide it.  Spencer would stare intently at me for hours if I let him, just waiting for me to produce that stuffy.  Usually I took pity on him and gave it back.

I have never had a boxer or a golden retriever.   I just love the boxer "who's a good boy" face.  They always have that look of trying so hard to be good but always being in trouble.   And golden retrievers are just really nice dogs, gentle, loyal, and smart.  But then, I guess that describes most dogs when you think about it.










No comments:

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...