Saturday, April 17, 2021

N is for nation

If you had to move to a different NATION, which would you choose?

I would choose to move to the United Kingdom, probably Ireland or Wales.  I would ideally have said Newfoundland, but the question asked for a different NATION.  I am very drawn to the rugged climate of these places.   I love the idea of living in a small village in Ireland. Maybe I would get a job in a pub, as a bartender...or a singer.  I have a romantic notion of a close-knit community welcoming me in.  I would have a big dog and roam the hills in a cable knit sweater and wellingtons.   Within months I would be speaking with the Irish brogue just like the natives.  My cheeks would be rosy and my hair in a long gray braid.   I could be happy there, I am pretty sure, in spite of the dampness.  The beauty of my surroundings would outweigh anything else.







No comments:

P is for Pet

Your favourite PET you've had. I love cats.  I've had a lot of cats over my lifetime and they were all special and had their own uni...